(Click for important information about your dental benefit provider)
Services that are covered at 100% when performed at the office of a participating dentist include the following:
- Routine examinations, emergency exams
- X-rays: including those needed for a complete diagnosis, and any required due to accidents, emergencies or unusual circumstances
- Cleaning with fluoride paste and routine plaque removal, sealants on children 14 and under
- Restorative dentistry - silver and tooth colored fillings - with local anesthesia
- Children's restorations by a general dentist or a pediatric dentist (through age 14), not requiring hospitalization - including nerve treatment and stainless steel crowns where needed
- Emergency gum treatment for infection, and emergency treatment for toothaches, and oral pain not requiring hospitalization
- Oral Surgery under local or general anesthesia, by a general dentist or oral surgeon, to include extractions, impactions, bone reshaping for dentures, biopsies and other surgical procedures not requiring hospitalization
- Prosthetic procedures required to make new full and partial dentures every five years
- Unlimited repair and relining of dentures when necessary
- Reimbursement of charges for emergency care, performed anywhere in the U.S., and paid for by the participant, up to $50 per person per year upon presentation of a paid receipt
- *You may also have coverage (along with a co-payment) for specialty services in crowns, bridges, root canals, periodontia and orthodontia, depending on your level of benefits.
*If you are not sure of your benefits, you should contact the Dental Health Center at the phone numbers below in order to check on your coverage.
Also, make sure you discuss your co-payment for these services with your dentist before you have your work done. You may call the Dental Health Center at (301)583-1400 or (888)802-6970 if you need any information about your benefits.
Participating DentistsTo locate a participating dentist, call the Dental Health Center at (301)583-1400 or (888)802-6970 Tuesday through Saturday. For a current listing of participating dentists and specialists in your area, you can contact your union trust fund office, or if you have Acrobat® Reader, (which you can get for free by clicking the icon below and to the right), you can view a current listing of providers here on the internet.
List of Participating Dentists
Important InformationMake sure that the dentist you call is still participating with Dental Health Centers and that your dentist knows that your dental benefits are provided by Dental Health Centers & Associates. (Your dental benefits are not provided by Alliance or CIGNA Insurance).
Dental Health Centers & Associates
1450 Mercantile Lane - Suite 131
Largo, MD 20774
(301)583-1400 or (888)802-6970
or e-mail us at: